So...here it is, 5 1/2 months since I blogged last. And all I can think about is all of the amazing blessings in my life for which I feel so grateful; especially my family of beautiful daughters and one amazing man who takes such great care of all of us GIRLS!!! What has happened the past few months??? Well, here's the top ten list: *We moved from Ten Sleep to Cody* *The girls started a new school year here in Cody---Kimberly is a FRESHMAN in High School!!* *Both Jessica and Kimberly had a fabulous cross-country season that many of you have heard about already. Jess won a few of her meets but always finished in the top 3! Kimberly improved her time each week and finished FOURTH in the State!! My girls ROCK! Or should I say RUN!* *Eleutian Technology broke ground here in Cody for their new headquarters building scheduled to be done in June 2011!! (The Ground Breaking and Community Celebration Party took place on Kent's Birthday, Nov. 5, 2010.) *BIRTHDAY update!! The following people in our family had birthday's within the past 5 months: Kenna turned 6, Sydney is 9, Jessica is a TEEN-AGER now at 13, I turned the beautiful age of 38, and Kent is now the big 41!! *Our dogs ran away. Within a day, one returned (Bridger), the other didn't...until we learned that he was being cared for at the Park County Animal Shelter!! So, Bear came home in the back of the suburban today after paying $50 dollars to "re-claim" him as our own. *We have had 5 new babies born in the family this year!! 2 new neices and (almost) 3 new nephews---still waiting for one to be born this month. Welcome to all of you precious little ones!!Meg, Spencer, Alayna, Calvin and ??? It's been an exciting year for new babies!* Oops! I guess I need to make that SIX new babies, because our NEICE will be having a baby this month as well---our FIRST GREAT NEICE will be born to Heather & Bryce soon! *This year we got to see the spectacular Melalueca Fireworks Display in Idaho Falls with lots of Holiday Family!* *We celebrated 2 amazing Grandmothers turning 90 years old; Grandma Tolman in May and Grandma Horst in September. Both had big parties!! Grandma Tolman's was at the church in Ten Sleep---too cold and windy for the beautiful Ten Sleep Park. And Grandma Horst's was in Vegas!* *Kent and I celebrated (with a movie night) 18 years of marriage!!* I attended my 20-year HS class reunion this summer,family in-tact to "show-off" at the reunion.* *AND...WE HAD OUR FAMILY PICTURES TAKEN!!! I can hang a family photo on the wall with all 5 of my children in it instead of just 3, which means I won't hear Kenna and Brooke anymore saying---Was I in your tummy? Was I still in heaven? Etc, etc. I LOVE these BEAUTIFUL GIRLS!!*
No matter where the day takes you--- work, school, errands--- where do you return when the day is through? Where does family gather together to learn, laugh and grow? Where are children fed, taught, loved, nourished and treasured? Where are memories made, lives molded, hearts protected, spirits enriched and lessons learned? All these questions can be answered with one word: HOME.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Grateful....
So...here it is, 5 1/2 months since I blogged last. And all I can think about is all of the amazing blessings in my life for which I feel so grateful; especially my family of beautiful daughters and one amazing man who takes such great care of all of us GIRLS!!! What has happened the past few months??? Well, here's the top ten list: *We moved from Ten Sleep to Cody* *The girls started a new school year here in Cody---Kimberly is a FRESHMAN in High School!!* *Both Jessica and Kimberly had a fabulous cross-country season that many of you have heard about already. Jess won a few of her meets but always finished in the top 3! Kimberly improved her time each week and finished FOURTH in the State!! My girls ROCK! Or should I say RUN!* *Eleutian Technology broke ground here in Cody for their new headquarters building scheduled to be done in June 2011!! (The Ground Breaking and Community Celebration Party took place on Kent's Birthday, Nov. 5, 2010.) *BIRTHDAY update!! The following people in our family had birthday's within the past 5 months: Kenna turned 6, Sydney is 9, Jessica is a TEEN-AGER now at 13, I turned the beautiful age of 38, and Kent is now the big 41!! *Our dogs ran away. Within a day, one returned (Bridger), the other didn't...until we learned that he was being cared for at the Park County Animal Shelter!! So, Bear came home in the back of the suburban today after paying $50 dollars to "re-claim" him as our own. *We have had 5 new babies born in the family this year!! 2 new neices and (almost) 3 new nephews---still waiting for one to be born this month. Welcome to all of you precious little ones!!Meg, Spencer, Alayna, Calvin and ??? It's been an exciting year for new babies!* Oops! I guess I need to make that SIX new babies, because our NEICE will be having a baby this month as well---our FIRST GREAT NEICE will be born to Heather & Bryce soon! *This year we got to see the spectacular Melalueca Fireworks Display in Idaho Falls with lots of Holiday Family!* *We celebrated 2 amazing Grandmothers turning 90 years old; Grandma Tolman in May and Grandma Horst in September. Both had big parties!! Grandma Tolman's was at the church in Ten Sleep---too cold and windy for the beautiful Ten Sleep Park. And Grandma Horst's was in Vegas!* *Kent and I celebrated (with a movie night) 18 years of marriage!!* I attended my 20-year HS class reunion this summer,family in-tact to "show-off" at the reunion.* *AND...WE HAD OUR FAMILY PICTURES TAKEN!!! I can hang a family photo on the wall with all 5 of my children in it instead of just 3, which means I won't hear Kenna and Brooke anymore saying---Was I in your tummy? Was I still in heaven? Etc, etc. I LOVE these BEAUTIFUL GIRLS!!*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so glad to hear everything is going well for you, Kent and your girls. I need your new address, so I can send you a Christmas card. Wow, Christmas already. Where has the year gone? Thanks for updated your blog, I will one of these days.
yay, an update! LOVE the picture!!!
yay - a new post!!!! so much going in your lives and so much fun :) i just cannot get over kimberly being a freshman and syd being 9! holy smokes! i miss you guys so much and love love love hearing updates about your beautiful family! love you guys!
Post a Comment