Sunday, December 7, 2008

Kenna: Proud to be an American!

This picture of Kenna was taken just a few days ago. She's modeling a hat made by Jyl Holiday (see http://www.jylholidaycreations.com/) And I LOVE how this picture turned out! I also took a couple of Brooke that I'll post as well.
But back to this post---Kenna attends Joy School once-a-week with a few other 4-year-old friends here in town taught by their moms. (She also attends a little preschool a couple of hours 2 days a week.) Part of our joy school routine is to say the pledge of allegiance to honor our flag and our country. We (moms) want the children to be familiar with the allegiance as well as have lots of other skills too, before starting Kindergarden next year. So Kenna is learning it little by little (once a week isn't quite the same as saying it everyday). Here's how she recited it today:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag under God of the United States of America; and to the public which it stands for the dalmations of liberty, just for all."
Kenna happened to be blessed on the 4th of July and I couldn't resist taking a picture of her in her blessing dress with a flag for the backdrop!

And here she is this year on the 4th of July proudly waving our country's flag! A few more times practicing and she'll be saying the pledge of allegiance with NO mistakes! Thank-you Kenna for adding so much sparkle and sunshine to our family. You make my heart smile!!!


3 comments:

wrightNOW said...

HOLY COW that is the cutest picture with that hat on. I want one!!! I also love the picture with her on the the flag. What a great memory.

Jyl said...

Ginger, I LOVE IT! and Thanks for the Plugg.,.. what a beautiful little girl she is! Thank you! Tell all your friends that want hats that they will get the family friend discount too! Love you!

Kari said...

That hat is GORGEOUS!! Beautiful job on that pic :)