Sunday, December 7, 2008

Found: The Perfect Christmas Tree

What an adventure! To be all together as a family last weekend for our first Christmas tree "hunt". We're so proud of our beautiful tree and for all of God's amazing creations in this beautiful world. Going together to the mountains to bring home the perfect tree was an amazing experience...the start of a new tradition. (The girls and I did get to go with Grammy and Papa a couple of years ago, but this was the first time with our Dad! And also thanks to Grammy and Papa for providing us with a tree last year.) Brooke---are you trying to take all of the credit by holding the saw?
Just a couple of words of advice if you're planning to go and find, cut down and bring home your own tree: get a permit!!

5 comments:

wrightNOW said...

I love your new Tradition. I wish we could be there with you and enjoy the outdoors with you. Sounds like you have a story about a permit???

Kasey said...

I had no idea you had a blog! I just happened to notice a comment on Kari's blog and wondered if it was you. I have some catching up to do!

lynz said...

yay! we love going out and getting our fresh christmas tree from the mountains :) it looks like you guys got a good one!

Jyl said...

Impressive, I would love to catch my own tree! LOL

Kari said...

Girl, you do not look a DAY older than when we lived together!!! What an awesome picture or you beautiful family :) I love getting to see you in the pics ... so rare for us moms! SUPER excited to hear about your new camera - are you loving it?!?! I have a terrible time using my point and shoot now! To answer your question about my photos that I've been posting (the colors, etc) I use Photoshop Elements to edit and I have several actions that I have purchased ... basically a set of steps that enhance your photo that are pre-set - just click and it goes through the editing steps for you! You can check them out at ezactions.com. There are lots of actions out there - but finding them for Elements vs. full version Photoshop (PSCS3 or 4) is trickier at times.