Monday, October 27, 2008

A tribute to Joey...April 2004-October 2008.

Joey became our first family pet in April of 2004. He was a beautiful English Lopp Rabbit who made a wonderful pet! The girls had fun taking care of him and playing with him. Sometimes the cleaning of his cage would get neglected, BUT he lived in lots of different places and lots of different people helped take care of him. When we first got him he was much smaller and the girls had him in the house a lot. We gathered as a family to "vote" on his name. After special consideration and weeding out other good suggestions like: Brownie, Fur Ball, Hoppy, and others we decided on Joey because he was the color of a kangaroo and kangaroo's can "hop" and a baby kangaroo is called a Joey. He liked to escape whenever possible and one time he was missing for a couple of days. A neighbor in Highland, UT had found him and fed him and returned him home safely. He liked to hide in the rocks in our backyard. One summer he lived up at our Park City cabin with us. He was house trained and would use a litter box, just like a cat! Papa built him an awesome outdoor "rabbit run" and shelter where he lived while we were in Korea for most of 2005 and then stayed there while we were living in the guest house at Grammy and Papa's until we moved into our home in 2007.

We'll miss you Joey! Thanks for being such an awesome pet rabbit!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi. Ginger. How are you doing? I hope you are well. How is your husband and girls doing? I hope they are all well, tell them that I said hi. Anyway, Joey looks like a really lovable rabbit. So, where is Joey living right now? When was the last time you saw Joey? Well, I hope you have a good week.

Jyl said...

Oh Joey was so cute! I am so sorry you don't have him anymore! I hope the girls are dealing with it ok! Kids can become so attached to pets. So what is your next pet going to be? haha

wrightNOW said...

It is pretty neat all the places Joey has been. What a fun memory of him in your kids life!