Kimberly was brought home from the hospital in the middle of a Utah snowstorm back in January of 1996. She was an amazingly patient new born riding in her car seat for over 3 hours: the amount of time it took us to drive home from the hospital. There was a small detour, picking up Grammy from my sister's house in Riverton and then heading out to Stansbury Park. Twelve years later after living in Stansbury Park, UT; 5 different homes in South Korea; Highland, UT; and finally Ten Sleep, WY (in no particular order except for the last!) and becoming the big sister to Jessica, Sydney, Kenna and Brooke shown above in her birthday photo, Kimberly has already accomplished so much in her life! She is very talented in many ways including being very independant, artistic, musical, organized, athletic, incredibly smart, theatrical, spiritual and she can cook up a storm! Turning 12 is a big mile-stone in our religion. It means advancing from the Primary Organization to the Young Womens Organization where she will be until she turns 19. Which means---only 6 more years with Kimberly under our watch---then she is off in the big wide world "on her own". And now that she is closer to 13 than 12, we're down to only 5 years! That makes me very sad, 'cause we all know how fast 5 years can fly by!! She has passed me up (in height AND shoe size), just started the 7th grade, is on the Middle School Volleyball team, the Ten Sleep under 14 soccer team (yes, there are enough kids in Ten Sleep to HAVE a soccer team for this age group as well as FOUR other teams for the younger kids in town!) stays busy with school projects and homework, loves to create in the kitchen, LOVES to read, can sing, is learning to play the trombone (she played the tuba last year!) and keeps asking for more piano lessons (I was very inconsistant and she's begging for more!). She amazes me with her artistic abilities (which in my case, I have NONE), and her enthusiasm for life. She has many great habits including writing in her journal and reading her scriptures. I'm so grateful that Kimberly is a part of our family! Sorry Kimberly---I can't remember how we celebrated your birthday. But I do know that you wanted to help make your cake. You chose Grandma Holiday's famous Double Chocolate Bundt Cake! It was very, very yummy, remember? (of course I remember how good the cake tasted!)
2 comments:
Oh, I'm so glad you jumped on the blogging bandwagon!!! What a fabulous way to keep up with your beautiful family :) I am always behind on my blogging because life moves WAY too fast to keep up but I love that it gives me a place to record our happenings! So great to hear from you ... adding you to my sidebar (so Kasey can find you, too)!!
Wow, she does a lot and that is really cool. Ethan is only in the 6th grade and he started playing the trombone this year and he loves playing, we just always have to remind him to practice. He turns 12 in December and I am like how did that happen.
Post a Comment