Monday, January 16, 2012

Top Ten of 2010: Number FOUR: FALL (well, at least we're getting closer!)

It's 2012?? I know...but how can I continue blogging without finishing my top 10 list of 2010? (Wait until you see my idea for 2011 put into my head by my amazing sis-in-law Jamie!!)

So...Fall at our house is an amazing time of year! I LOVE living in a place that has four seasons. I have to admit, WY winters do take up way too many weeks. But, how can you truly appreciate Spring without enduring a cold winter; and do you realize just how beautiful fall is after long weeks of hot summer days? Fall is amazing! Cool, crisp evenings, enjoying the harvest, canning food, watching mother earth preparing for her long winter's nap, and celebrating Thanksgiving and Halloween; two of our favorite holidays!

Moving to Cody was a whirlwind change for our family. Kent & I were laying in bed (in Ten Sleep), 2 weeks before school started discussing wether the girls would be attending school in Ten Sleep or Cody. The Eleutian headquarter building would have it's ground breaking in September, and Kent knew he would be spending most of his time in Cody, or flying out of Cody or Billings on business, so living in Cody would mean much less travel time for Kent. So, it was decided: Our family was moving to Cody! Kent and I drove up to Cody in the next couple of days to look at over 30 homes. We were able to convince one of the owners to rent to us and we've lived at 236 Sage Creek Road for 16 months now. But back in August of 2010, we arrived on a Saturday night and the girls started school on Monday. For Kimberly it was her Freshman year in HS. Jessica was going to be a 7th grader...

The first day of school for Sydney (3rd Grade with Mrs. Miller) and Kenna (1st Grade with Mrs. Blake) at Eastside Elementary.



Sydney Ann, 9 years old


Kenna Dawn, 6 years old


Brooke Elizabeth, 4 years old


Sisters, saying goodbye to Summer and hello to a new school year!


Kent was able to squeeze in a few days of hunting near the ranch with his girls. Brian took his kids out too, so it was a good chance to spend time with cousins!

Brian, Dad & Kent



Dad & Uncle Jim


Brian and kids...


Sydney, Kelli, Lindsey, Kenna, Brooke & Jacob...always ready for an adventure!


Kent and the kids


Kent & his girls


Double Cousins!


Kelli & Sydney love spending time together!!


One of Brooke's most favorite things to do is to go hunting with Dad!


Walking with Dad...


Carving our jack-o-lanterns is a family tradition. Messy? Yes! Time consuming? Yes! But are we carving jack-o-lanterns? Or raising girls??



Brooke and her Daddy...the best carving partner ever!



Kenna working on her pumpkin.



Kenna and her jack-o-lantern (and her cute Halloween Jamies passed down from the top!)


FIVE little jack-o-lanterns all in a row...


Breadstick BONES for Kenna's class...




Ready for the trunk-or-treat at the church in Ten Sleep. Costumes aren't too bad, for being thrown together by digging through Aunt Colleen's dress-up box an hour before the party started!!



Trunk-or-Treating: A Quick and Easy way to get lots of CANDY!!!


Doesn't Jessica make the best Dumbledore?



Sydney's beautiful smile...


Kenna the Cute Kitty Cat!


Arrgghh!! We have ourselves a mean 'litl pirate here!


I love how Kimberly didn't hesitate for a second when we decided to stay in Ten Sleep for their ward Halloween party. She knew she wanted to dress up, but didn't have a costume...so thank goodness for Aunt Colleen's dress-up box and Jacob's tunnel tube. Add a wig and whala: LADY GAGA!!



Who says teenagers can't dress up for Halloween? Everybody should!!



Heromine and Dumbledore hanging together:



HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!


Same year; Different Night. Trick-or-Treating in Cody. Brooke the Black Cat!



Our Brookie!


Knocking doors near Livingston on a cold & windy Halloween, trick-or-treating with Grandpa!



Kimberly: Beautiful Butterfly


Kenna the Cute Kangaroo!!





Jessica: Vampire with scary hands



Sydney: Vampire



Snow in November!!

This was such a beautiful snowfall, I had to snap a few pictures!!






Thanksgiving!! What a wonderful time, to reflect back on the year and review all that has taken place. Gratitude is such an important attribute, and one that I would like to continue to make a part of my daily life. I'm so grateful for all of life's blessings, but most especially for my family, the gospel and my Savior who makes everything possible.

The cooks with the spread...


The Mommas & our NINE kiddos!


Me and My Love. I'm so grateful for this man in my life! What an amazing blessing he is to all of us!!!


Brian & Colleen!


And all of our kids...

1 comment:

wrightNOW said...

I want you to know that I just happened to open your blog...hoping that you had posted...and there it was...just 40 min before. It made me laugh. I am glad that you do know that it is 2012...so fun to see the pics...Keep it up! Love you